ABOUT THE PROJECT
For the development of the next generation of ADAS Software used in premium cars of a major German OEM we are looking for candidates that will be implementing functionalities in C++ related to one or more of the following areas of Autonomous Driving: Driving Strategy, Localization, Road and driver models, Prediction and Trajectory Planning and others.
Project consists of multiple Large Scale Scrum Teams with 8-10 people each, who work in close collaborations with customer.
- Design, implement and test functionalities and/or algorithms for Autonomous Driving using C++ (possible areas are: driving strategy, trajectory planning, driver and road model, localization, object fusion)
- Become part of a Large Scale Scrum team, being responsible for the development of at least one functional area of ADAS
- Even as a Working Student you can take responsibility and work with us closely together - we will be glad to treat you as a reliable part of the team, working in a professional manner
- You will deal with all types of issues related to ADAS features not working as they should - Don't be afraid of debugging software components and complex algorithms. They will only be used in real cars on real roads.
- You will get support from our senior team members, seasoned developers with a strong ADAS background. All you will need to do is: learn
- You are a student of Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics or similar study program
- You have experience and solid understanding of C++ (11, 14) and OOP!
- You are not afraid of maths! Ideally you possess a good maths background (any of the following areas are beneficial: probability theory, stochastic and statistic, mathematical modelling of dynamical systems, motion planning and control)
- You have experience with at least one of the following areas: HD Maps & Localization, Computer Vision, Driving Strategy, Object Detection & Tracking, Trajectory Planning, Sensors (LiDAR, Radar, Ultrasound, Infrared) or automotive Testing & Validation on test cars
- You are result-oriented, able to work independently and ideally have a track record of relevant extra-curricular activities
- You are curious to work on innovative and latest technologies in ADAS and Automotive
- English & German: very good communication skills, at least intermediate+ (B2.2)
NICE TO HAVE
- Additional programming languages (e.g. Python, Lua, Java) and have experience with Matlab
- You have a good understanding of the SW Development Lifecycle and current processes (V-Modell, Test driven development, dynamic/static code analysis, SCRUM)
- You have first experience with Automotive (Autosar, Vector Tool Chain, Functional Safety according ISO26262 or SOFIT)
- You already have experience with ROS, ideally with ROS 2
- Ideally you have created already your own self-driving vehicle / quadrocopter / other platform and can show us a live demo
- German: Advanced/Fluent
- English: Advanced/Fluent