The Redwood Technologies Group differentiates from many of its competitors in that all hardware and software has been manufactured and developed in-house, built on unique open architecture. The majority of these services, whether on premise or cloud, are both powered by and driven by web-based applications and interfaces. The mission-critical nature of these applications requires a versatile and experienced Web Developer with a high level of competency in designing and implementing complex web-based applications to the storm platform in order to uphold Redwood’s internal reputation for quality.
As a Web Developer, the role holder will become part of a fast-paced, dynamic team responsible for developing and maintaining Redwood’s web frontends, using a variety of programming languages, databases and interface skills to continue to push the boundaries of communications technology. The role holder will become a critical component of the business unit for building a huge range of secure, flexible applications on web-based portals which are used by some of the world’s largest organisations in vital communication services.
The Web Developer will collaborate with different departments to continually improve the web capabilities of applications and ensure that applications are running at maximum efficiency on the web portals. The successful applicant must rapidly acquire knowledge of Redwood’s software and swiftly come up-to-speed with a variety of bespoke interfaces designed for the rapid and effective delivery of powerful solutions.
The successful applicant will be expected to act as a role model to his or her colleagues and help inspire the high standards of development and innovation that permeate the company culture. The candidate will also promote best practices across development and general conduct, and help to exemplify and propagate the company values.
He or she must be able to maintain a strong awareness of industry developments to provide a framework for driving innovation within the business. This role will be essential in supporting the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets as well as ensuring that the company’s international reputation for high-quality service delivery is maintained.
- Implement designs using modern web development practices to ensure the continued development for the company’s wide range of international clients
- Work alongside other Applications Engineers to design the product concept and advise how it can be implemented technically within the constraints
- Manage the day-to-day activities of software projects by tracking and analysing progress and collaborating with Project Managers when necessary
- Offer expert client support efficiently when required, to ensure that the company’s high levels of customer service and solution delivery are upheld
- Co-operate closely with test engineers to ensure that the high reliability underpinning the company’s success is maintained
- Offer technical input during the tendering phase of projects
- Apply, promote and continuously improve best practices and standards to continue and enhance the company’s excellent international reputation.
Experience and Skills
- Have at least BBB at A level or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of web development experience
- Experience in SQL such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES
- Framework experience such as Symfony 3, Vue.js
- Experience in web service development ideally using .NET
- Experience in source control, in particular Git
- Experience in continuous integration or deployment
- Familiar with supporting tools such as JIRA
- Must have the relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Be hard working, ambitious and eager to acquire new skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good written skills
- General customer facing skills
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos, and adhere to relevant quality, security and environmental frameworks to enforce the company’s accreditations (e.g. ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001)
- Be well organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in designing and building scalable, responsive systems
- Experience in NoSQL such as ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of technologies such as WebRTC, AJAX and Web Sockets
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards
- Proven experience of delivering applications with a high degree of usability
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM
- Experience in using Jenkins and Puppet
- Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite
- Ability to converse with users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.
All candidates must be willing to re-locate to within a reasonable commutable distance of our Bracknell Headquarters.