Do you have a sixth sense for how a web app is going to break? The rare ability to empathize with software users? A talent for picking out edge cases and corner cases?
If that sounds like you, we're looking for a test engineer to help ensure that customers of our ecommerce platform have a magical experience.
Unhaggle is currently the #1 web portal in Canada for buying a new car. The data we provide powers our own tools and products, including our flagship consumer car buying service at Unhaggle.com and leading automotive portals including Yahoo Autos, MSN Autos, Autofocus, AutoGuide, Globe Drive, and others. We've recently partnered with auto makers to launch a large ecommerce platform allowing the complete purchase of new cars online. This is where you come in.
You'll work directly with the development team, but also collaborate with product managers, customer service, and sales people to better understand the issues faced by our customers. Your mandate will be to ensure that the software works as designed, and you'll enjoy some autonomy in deciding how to achieve that.
- Expertise writing tests with Selenium or similar front-end testing frameworks.
- Experience working with version control, code review, and CI tools, so that you can integrate your tests into the development and build processes.
- Familiarity with Linux.
Bonus points for experience with our tech stack
- SQL and databases, particularly PostgreSQL
- Eager to work remotely and independently, from anywhere in the world.
- Easy going. You'll collaborate with developers all over the world, from different cultures and backgrounds, in different time zones, and you can get along with all of them.
- Comfortable with video calls, and contributing to retrospectives, post-mortems, and design discussions.
- Not looking for relocation - we're a distributed team, and plan to stay that way.