VR Java Developer
Working closely with the members of the vsGaming team, the VR Java Developer role at vsGaming will be responsible for development of the Virtual Racing suite of products maintaining high-quality, robust, performance software which meets the needs of our business and clients.
The focus will be on integrations with external systems belonging to new customers. Other work will involve enhancements to the existing Virtual Sports System, new game engines, application performance tuning, continual maintenance and support.
The Server-side development is based upon standard Java Enterprise technologies, with applications deployed into Apache Tomcat application servers running with an Oracle database.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with members of the vsGaming team to ensure that they produce the software on time and to budget.
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
- Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product platform code.
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team.
- Any previous programming experience in Java or .Net would be desirable.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- EE, experience of some of the following: EJB 3.0, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, JMS, Servlets, Struts, JSP, EJB 2.x
- Basic UML
- Experience of any of the following: Apache, Tomcat, Resin, IIS
- Java, J2EE, AJAX, XML, HTML5, Spring, PHP, Oracle
- Ant, SVN
- SOAP, JAXB, Web Services, CDNs
- Gambling/Gaming experience a huge benefit
- A minimum 2ii class honours degree. The subject should be either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Maths.
- Any formal Java qualification.
- Significant technical contribution to a number of software development projects using relevant technologies.
- Previous working experience in any programming language.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act