UL is seeking a UI Developer to join the iON Compliance team in Dublin, Ireland.
iON Compliance is a big data platform combining data ingest, analytics, machine learning and elements of artificial intelligence within a data lake. iON is now looking to add a UI Developer to our team to accelerate the growth of the most innovative UL digital technology investment in its history. Our goal is to enable the UL client base to effectively apply the recent developments in the digital revolution, by giving them the ability to truly leverage their own corpus of data with internal core competences and win in a rapidly evolving digital eco-system.
We are developing a next generation intelligent platform to deliver insights into customer data and help them identify areas to improve and drive competitive advantage. The solution is hosted on Microsoft Azure and takes advantage of Azure’s PAAS features. As part of this work we are looking for a talented UI developer to join the team and help develop a white-labelable, flexible UI in Angular based on a component library you will be helping develop. We are looking for someone who understands modern best practice in development, who produces high-quality code, who understands the key role of testing throughout the development process, and wants the chance to challenge themselves in a fast-paced environment to produce leading edge business intelligence products. Secure, reliable, scalable solutions are very important to us as they should be to any candidate.
- Develop the presentation layer for the software engineering team using Angular including data visualizations, dashboards and reports for business customers
- Develop a white-labelable component library in Angular to be used throughout the presentation layer
- Consume REST APIs from Azure
- Write comprehensive unit tests for their code
- Be comfortable working in a Scrum-driven DevOps environment
- Produce world-class work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-type work environment where requirements and processes are not always well-defined
- In-depth experience with NgRx, RxJS
- In-depth experience with Unit testing practices and frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience working in professional software engineering teams
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps development environments
- Good problem-solving, analytical & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a start-up type environment
- Experience of D3 or similar data visualization tools and technologies