As Milestone continues to grow and expand, we are now strengthening the R&D department with a Test Engineer. In this position you get an excellent opportunity of being a part of building up this brand-new site in Barcelona. The teams first task will be to ensure a good knowledge transfer of the existing License Plate Recognition, Access Control Platform and Event Server components from one of our Danish team.
During 2019-2020 timeframe this team will be responsible for the new strategic business area of IoT integrations.
You will be a crucial resource in the collaboration to our other development sites in Copenhagen, Denmark and Sofia, Bulgaria.
As a Test Engineer at Milestone
- You know about Scrum or another agile development method either from a previous job position or from your education.
- You have experience with Test Automation either from a previous job position or from your education.
- You have experience working with designing, planning and executing test cases
- Have a broad knowledge of software testing, as well as a fundamental understanding of the test area's basic principles and their business relevance
- Good level C# skills required
- Knowledge about Visual Studio required
- In-depth knowledge about Windows systems, networking and virtualization required
- Knowledge about SQL is preferred
- Knowledge about Team Foundation Server is preferred
- Experience with agile development preferred
- Knowledge about ISTQB preferred
Excellent professional English
As a person:
- You are a team player who values integrity and honesty and are willing to take on any task needed for the team to succeed.
- You enjoy working with all parts of the development process – from conception of an idea to the implementation (including test automation), release, maintenance and bug fixing.
- You are open for new ideas and embraces changes.
- You see opportunities where others see problems
- You display initiative and drive.
- You are not afraid of reaching out of the team to get help or help others.
- You are good at adopting and contributing to company culture
- You can take a positive view: No job too big, no job too small
Milestone Systems offers
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, company sponsored mobile and home internet plan, meal vouchers
- Healthy work environment - health insurance, fruit and beverage program, open communication
- Work-life balance – team buildings and celebrations
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
We are an international company with development sites in Denmark, Bulgaria and soon in Spain, with strong roots based in the Scandinavian mentality. People first is very important for us as development of our employees is a focus area and at the same time we strongly believe that a healthy work life balance is important for our success. In our department we have a relaxed tone, and all are expected to express their opinion. We are working in self-organized teams and the team has the responsibility for the solution.
We are technology driven – as we are developing and maintaining one of the most advanced IP video surveillance systems in the world. Innovation is important for us and every year we have a 2 weeks period with engineering challenges, where all members in R&D get the opportunity to work with an innovation assignment of own choice.
In your team you will work in an agile setup. The setup requires close collaboration with other members of team, the scrum master and the product owner. The team works in 2 weeks sprints and releases software biweekly.
We expect you to engage, speak up, and make a difference but always with respect for your colleagues.
You will be a part of a team of eight including a team lead, all yet to be hired.
Submit your application and CV in English as soon as possible, as we are reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis in order to find the best suitable candidate.
Do not risk missing this opportunity!
For more information, please contact Engineering Manager Yasen Hristov Angelov via e-mail [email protected] For more information about the company visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.