Manchester. Barclays Digital. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Do you like breaking things?
How about taking meticulously crafted, handcoded software and really breaking it?
If so read on...
We are looking to continue to grow our market leading Technology offering with multiple dedicated Test Engineers.
With skills working in an Agile development environment using Automation tools, you will be tasked with testing Java based multichannel applications within our “best in class” Channels Engineering team.
Told you you’d get to break stuff.
What will you be doing?
- Working as a hands on automation tester in the full End to End software testing lifecycle to ensure defects are kept at an absolute minimum across both Functional and Automated Testing
- Ability to advise on tooling usage and effectiveness
- Hands on Unit and API testing
- Ability to work in an agile environment with the development teams, including hands on coding responsibilities
- Assisting in construction of testing frameworks in Java
- Working to facilitate E2E testing within a Test/Behaviour Driven Development environment
What we're looking for
- Proven experience in Digital or Web Automation using different automation tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices
- Testing across multiple browsers
- Automated test data creation
- Cucumber, Selenium, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket or similar ALM tools eg Agilecontrol
- Ability to code, ideally in Java, JQuery, JSON, XML
- REST Client, SOAP UI
- Browser Stack or similar
Skills that will help you in the role
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Experience of working within a regulatory driven change environment
- ISEB/ISTQB Qualifications
- MicroServices/Domain Driven Architectures