JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations.
By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Assessment of testing requirements
- Design test program and scripts for each test phase
- Development and documentation of best practice testing methodology, process, templates
- Defining, agreeing and preparing test metrics for each test phase.
- Manual testing, logging of testing, recording of defects, diagnosis, and re-testing.
- Use of a broad range of tools, including open source and cloud based, to support testing and to enable test automation where appropriate.
- Working alongside other remote and on site test resources and coordinating with development teams working across multiple locations;
- Complies with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering
- Degree level qualified or time served in role (Essential)
- 3+ years’ experience in a formal testing experience (Essential)
- Agile tools (e.g. Azure DevOps / VSTS / Jira) for defect management, reporting in detail to remote developers clear and concise defect reports. Test script documentation, validation and tracking completion of developments via acceptance criteria. (Essential)”
- Strong technical skills, including use of test environments, configuration management, querying and scripting language skills.
- Approachable and friendly, a trusted source of technical advice to others in the company
- Technical: knowledgeable on all BigChange product features and direction, and all related technologies (Desirable)
- Testing experience to include:
- Cross browser testing experience
- Web application testing
- Requirements gathering
- Agile experience
Your Skills and Interests:
- Exceptional levels of technology customer service delivered to internal and external customers
- Organised in managing and fulfilling multiple simultaneous requests for colleague support
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Team player, loyal to BigChange and comfortable participating in out-of-hours support rotas.
- Equally comfortable supporting colleagues face-face and remotely over the phone and screen-sharing.
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 5% employee – April 2019 onwards)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office Based
Reporting to: Test Manager