Crunch.io, part of the YouGov PLC is a market-defining company in the analytics SaaS marketplace. We’re a company on the rise. We’ve built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to drive insight from market research and survey data.
Within the BI landscape, Crunch focuses on survey data. Within the survey data analysis space, Crunch focuses on usability. We’ve built a survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis.
In short, Crunch provides the quickest and easiest way to analyze survey data. Users create tables, charts, graphs and maps in seconds. They slice-and-dice survey data with just a mouse, in the cloud, drag-and-drop. Crunch makes the powerful, simple.
Our customers include some of the largest market research companies and largest brands in the world. We’re hiring you to expand that roster.
Our start-up culture is casual and high-energy. We all work remote, with the center of gravity in San Francisco. We are passionate about our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service!
Crunch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Technical Sales Engineer
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for explaining and demonstrating to prospective customers how Crunch works, and then making sure it works once they are customers. We are a startup and so digging in and solving problems across a variety of areas is part of the fun of the job.
- Representing the technical side of Crunch during the sales process,
- Representing the technical side of Crunch during the implementation process,
- Giving demonstrations remotely via screen-shares and in person at conferences,
- Training clients on how to use Crunch in the webapp,
- Training clients on how to use Crunch programmatically from R and/or Python,
- Uploading survey datasets into Crunch,
- Managing and tracking customer and transactional information in a CRM system,
- Coordinating resources throughout the sales cycle, including between support and the account executive,
- Nurturing and expanding the company’s relationship with customer accounts of various sizes and industries,
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products,
- Infrequently traveling to customer locations in support of sales efforts,
- Answering technical questions on an ad hoc basis from across the organization.
Who you are…
- Excellent communication skills: the person your current team turns to when they need someone to explain a technical concept.
- Domain knowledge: survey or market research, SaaS, business intelligence tools generally, statistics.
- More than 2 years of R or SPSS experience.
- Teacher. Comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of users.
- Good listener: Able to truly listen to users questions and adjust on-the-fly and problem solve including being comfortable saying “I don’t know”.
- Enthusiastic and extroverted when needed.
- Experience in technical sales or technical support, particularly sales that are collaborative and collegial in nature.