Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Systems Architect.
Why it Matters: You will support and maintain our existing systems while also building them out. You will also set up APIs, come up with data schemas and deal with the operational issues of making the internet work.
Go Deeper: This opportunity will allow you to play a role in shaping database operations and engineering for a start-up that is unapologetically fixing media.
The Details: You have worked on a project from idea to creation and completion, even if it was on your own. We’re looking for the following skillset:
- Fast learner with an ability to work collaboratively
- Experience building and maintaining APIs
- Basic knowledge of a backend language
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Demonstrated experience with Python and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Django developer is a plus
- Past experience with Content Management Systems is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Learning and development stipend