Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site , with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus
Description of the job :
Airbus Defence and Space is looking for a IV&V Engineer (f/m) to join the IV&V team responsible for the Integration, Verification and Validation of Maritime Surveillance Systems.
Airbus Defence and Space is providing for more than 20 years integrated Maritime Safety and Security solutions to Port Authorities, Coast Guards, Navies and also commercial administration all around the world. Over 250 Systems are in service in over 50 countries 20 are currently under development. 85% of our business is international.
STYRIS® is an Airbus Defence and Space product line for collection, processing, consolidation, enrichment, distribution and display of data deriving from a wide range of maritime sensors such as radars, automatic identification system, radio direction finder, cameras, weather stations and sonars. STYRIS® is based on a modular system architecture allowing integration and user friendly and ergonomic HMI to provide operators with the platform to monitor and interact with critical maritime situations, and provide the means to quickly communicate to all relevant authorities.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an IV&V Engineer to work on small, medium and large-scale projects. It presents unique challenges and enables a strong sense of accomplishment.
This position is located in Bezons, suburb of Paris near La Defense.
You will report to the System Engineering Team Leader (TECSB6-TL1) and have as main interfaces the IV&V manager, technical manager, software development team, and also the maintenance team.
Task & accountabilities :
You will be involved in IV&V activities under the lead of an IVV Manager to :
Build the system:
- Set-up the Integration & test platform (PF) in factory
- Configure network equipment (as part of the PF or of the final site delivery)
- Configure other equipment as needed (sensors, ...), for factory PF or for final site delivery
- Configure STYRIS® system/solution according to project’s requirements
- Integrate specific SW development with existing STYRIS® system for the Project
# Define, document and implement/perform IVV test cases, in accordance with project’s requirements
# Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) in front of the Customer
# Participate in deployment and commissioning phase for the target system on Site
# Under the responsibility of the Project IVV Lead Project and/or Technical Manager, manage SW and Integration related bugs as well as Change Request, using the dedicated project’s tools and processes
Required skills :
- Master or diploma in computer science or a comparable field of study (e.g.: SW development (JAVA based) or System Administration)
- A successful experience as System or Software IV&V engineer
- Knowledge in engineering processes, especially in IVV cycles
- Awareness of distributed Command & Control and Surveillance Systems
- Willingness and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams in an international environment
- Organized and autonomous
- Capability to learn fast
- Team player and cooperative
- Rigorous, loyal and curious
- Linux / Shell scripting
- MS Windows scripting
- TestLink or similar test tool
- JIRA or similar bug reporting tool
- Puppet Desirable
- Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware)
- Networking equipment (Cisco)
- Cyber Security (for IT and Communication)
- Sensors: Radars, VHF, RDF, AIS
- DBMS (PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- LDAP (Active Directory)
- Fluent in French (Oral and writing)
- Fluent in English (Oral and writing)
- Occasional business trips
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.