At Axel Springer we are responsible for over 60 products from more than 25 Brands and some of Europe's biggest news sites including BILD.de and WELT.de. Over 200 engineers are working on innovative media platforms to make quality journalism accessible for everyone. We are providing a great user experience on both sides – for readers and journalists, connecting them with the newest technologies. Our goal is to enable more people than ever to make well-informed decisions as independent citizens.
We are innovators and it is essential for us to stay open minded and try new things every day. You are creative and passionate about your work? You want to be part of a team with a high social responsibility and where your work can make a difference? Then join us and shape the way how the world consumes media in the future!
- We build and operate some of the fastest full-responsive news portals in the world
- We are a cross-functional team creating the products that show off and monetize the journalistic content to its maximum potential
- We believe in the benefits of a service oriented architecture, full automation of our infrastructure and the fast pace of independent teams
- We implement, manage and support our own stack running on AWS using Docker, preferring managed services whenever possible
- While our official company language is German, we do have people on the teams from various countries switching back and forth between German and English and we also support with German classes
We are looking for a talented system engineers who are techies at heart. Making a difference is what drives you. We want to work with people creating positive, constructive conversations using objective statements and data, and who like to share knowledge and learn from their teammates. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
- You have experience using cloud service providers, containerization platforms and configuration management tools
- You write code in Ruby, Go or Python (Java is a plus)
- You have experience initiating or jumping into complex projects and following them though to succes
- You have delivered several projects, engaging non-technical stakeholders in the process of delivering working software and have learned from difficult and challenging projects
What we offer
- The chance of boosting your personal development with seminars, workshops, various conferences and talks
- Regular exchange and networking with subsidiaries of the Axel Springer Group (eg. Awin, idealo, Bonial, Stepstone, Immowelt and many more)
- Flexible working hours
- An above average number of vacation days
- A free lunch in our on-site restaurant every day
- A MacBook, which can also be used privately
- A permanent position in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
Getting curious? Check out what we are doing on GitHub: github.com/spring-media