Developer 18-month Fixed Term Contract vacancy
Grade 6 £31,302 per year plus 32 days annual leave + generous pension scheme + many other benefits
Hays IT are working in partnership with Staffordshire University to recruit a Developer on a fixed term contract basis to start work on an exciting new project.
Staffordshire University has the ambition of becoming the leading digital university across the UK, transforming the student experience and improving student success in an increasingly digitally-led world.
The successful candidate will be working with The Digital Transformation function. They are responsible for the implementation/delivery of all new and enhanced Digital Technology solutions in line with university requirements, ensuring that, for all university Programmes, Projects, and initiatives we deliver:
* Empowering, innovative solutions;
* User-centric solutions;
* A modern, intuitive experience;
Reporting to the Lead Architect on the Student Records Transformation Project, you will be responsible for the following:
* Development and integrating software solutions across a variety of platforms including web applications, student records and mobile apps;
* Ensure in-house solutions meet or exceed agreed business requirements and user expectations;
* Resolving problems and issues within the team - liaising with different departments or third-party suppliers where necessary.
* Growing and developing personal skills and knowledge of development;
* Ensuring that technology developed internally and externally meets or exceeds expectations;
Main tasks and responsibilities:
* Assisting with the design, development and maintenance of digital solutions across the following domains -web development, mobile app development, software integration, student record development;
* Participate in development scrums;
* Create and maintain solution documentation to the required standards;
* Working alone on simple systems or with colleagues on more complex systems, produces outline system specifications covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints (such as performance, resources etc.), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
* Produces logical system designs showing for example: processes, objects, data flows, inputs, stored data and outputs. Identifies common processes.
* Working with database design or database administration colleagues where appropriate, translates object and data models into appropriate DB schemas within design constraints.
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
* Degree in a related computing subject or equivalent qualification or experience
* Experience with two or more of the following: C#, .NET, Java EE, jQuery, node.js, ReactJS, ASP.NET, TypeScript and PL/SQL, SITS as well as an understanding of source code control and software design in Unified Modelling Language (UML)
* Experience of designing and developing digital solutions (e.g., Mobile Apps, Bots, Web-based apps, SITS, interfaces, integration etc.)
* Experience of working with Enterprise level databases, developing complex SQL code to manipulate and report on data.
* The ability to find and develop creative solutions to organisational problems or initiatives that delight customers.
* Positive and passionate about the work they undertake, with a deep sense of pride in contributing towards university outcomes.
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role, please submit a copy of your CV.