You will be performing software test activities for a complex enterprise class security product based on micro-virtualization. Testing in this role is expected to be predominantly manual testing and will involve planning/executing tests to assure the quality of changes made to the product.
· Plan and execute tests to verify both fixes and new features
· Create and maintain clear test cases, test suites and test plans as necessary, to reflect changes in the product
· Investigate defects and submit defect reports
· Co-operate effectively with development and product teams to produce high quality software
· Proven software testing experience, including writing manual test cases.
· A knowledge of and interest in general software testing methodologies
· Experience in administration and configuration of Windows machines
· Strong problem solving, analysis and communication skills
The following skills and attributes are a plus:
· Knowledge of a scripting language
· Understanding and experience of virtualization
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical subject
Bromium was founded in 2010 with a mission to restore trust in computing. The company’s founders have a long and deep history of innovation in virtualization and security. Inspired by the isolation principles of traditional virtualization, the Bromium team has created a game-changing technology called micro-virtualization to protect end users against advanced malware. Every task the user performs, such as opening a document or clicking on a link, is isolated in its own micro-VM, with access to just the resources required for that task, and existing just for the life of the task. Protection is thus provided through isolation, without relying on detection, hence reliably defending the user from polymorphic and even zero-day malware.
Bromium has its corporate HQ in Cupertino,California and an R&D center in Cambridge, UK. The company is backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Ignition Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Intel Capital, Meritech Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.