BMW Car IT GmbH lives and breathes software. As a fully-owned subsidiary of BMW AG we are a cornerstone in the company"s transition into the next 100 years where software plays a crucial role. One of our many areas of activity is the development of Linux-based infotainment head unit systems: a hyper-connected multimedia information and entertainment hub in the car.
You will work on the automated test environment for our Linux-based infotainment head unit system. Your day-to-day activities include planning, designing and developing features for the test automation framework using Python, as well as design and creation of automated test cases on different levels (module, subsystem, system) for the device under test. Development of automated tests and maintenance to keep them running is part of you daily work. This means that you also will analyze test failure causes and support development teams debugging the problems for the device under test. A desire for quality orientation, continuous improvement, and optimization of test tools, test cases and processes complete your profile.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study (Bsc/Msc/PhD).
- A very good level of knowledge in Python.
- Extensive experience with unittest, mock, nose, pytest, tox, or similar frameworks/packages/modules.
- Profound knowledge of software testing (test case creation, test execution, methods, tools, mocking/patching, etc.) at different levels (module, subsystem, system).
- Ability to understand specifications (for example Bluetooth, CAN, SomeIP, RFCs, etc.) and follow their implementations.
- A good understanding of Linux along with IPC & RPC concepts.
- Proven track record in developing test plans, test cases and test reports.
- A good-enough understanding of C/C++, backed by practical experience. Knowledge of Python wrappers creation for C/C++ code is beneficial.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery, Linux system services, network or bus technologies is a plus.
- System integration field experience would be highly beneficial.