Variphy is looking to add a Quality Assurance Analyst to our growing, but tightly-knit product team. In this role, you will manually test new features and fixes to our core product, Variphy Insight, as well as work with our design, development, and field-support teams in documenting and reproducing issues found in our customers' environments. We are looking for applicants who are extremely detail-oriented and have experience evaluating web content.
- This is a full time and 100% remote position for applicants based within the United States only.
- Bonus points if you live in Portland (OR), Vancouver (WA), Melbourne or Tampa (FL), St. Louis (MO), Chicago (IL), Dallas (TX), or San Francisco Bay Area (CA).
- Sorry, but no freelancers, contractors, recruiter referrals, or applicants from outside the continental United States will be considered for this position.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will...
- Consistently and effectively provide the "human element" when testing the user experience, user interface, and functionality of our product
- Identify, create, and execute test plans as part of the software development life cycle and release process
- Replicate, document, and validate fixes for bugs and other application issues reported from the field
- Use and understand how different web browsers behave (e.g. does a page function differently in Internet Explorer 11 than it does in Firefox?)
- Help craft and execute test plans from user stories, bug reports, or sometimes loosely defined requirements
- Expand our technical knowledge base by creating and improving how-to articles, videos, and user guides
- Create and maintain test data, tools, and utilities
- Travel (< 5%) for team meetups and events two to three times per year
Success in this role will mean...
- Effectively communicating both verbally and in writing to other remote team members
- Having an eye for detail and the ability to think like a user
- You are able to communicate your opinions tactfully, even when it's a "hard truth"
- You are a problem solver and are motivated to learn without the need for micro-management
We're looking for applicants that know or can learn...
- Atlassian Jira or a similar issue/bug tracking system
- How to test enterprise (B2B) software with web-based user interfaces
- User basics of both Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows operating systems
- The basics of deploying, configuring, and using Virtual Machines
- Networking basics (at least know what an IP address and port are)
You will set yourself apart from other applicants by having experience with...
- Basic SQL queries and a working knowledge of MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- The basics of a web or application server (such as Apache Tomcat)
- Scripting or programming (e.g. You've scripted or written code to automate something useful)
- Cloud/SAAS providers (like AWS, Digital Ocean, Azure, Google, Linode, etc.)
- Cisco Unified Communications/Collaboration
- Call Detail Records