Job Description:We have a large pipeline of infrastructure projects on the horizon to ensure high availability, top-notch performance, and the continued scalability of the environment.
The Infrastructure Group's focus is to make infrastructure easy for all the other engineering teams at Canva. We accomplish this by optimizing existing solutions, developing internal tooling, promoting best practices throughout the organisation, introducing global infrastructure changes, and mentoring the engineering teams on how to do infrastructure - the right way. We work as a team to find the pragmatic solutions to a wide range of performance and scaling problems to ensure Canva continues to grow and our users have smooth and seamless design experiences.
- Building, monitoring, and deploying modern distributed microservices that are hosted on AWS
- To be a contact point and subject matter expert with respect to our AWS environment
- Develop infrastructure solutions with scalability, high-availability, and security in mind
- Collaborate with other teams to work out the best solutions to their cloud problems
- Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Propose and contribute to new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva's distributed cloud infrastructure as we continue scaling globally
Required Experience and Background
- Three (3+) plus years of experience as a Software or Site Reliability Engineer in a cloud ecosystem
- Comfortable and happy to code in Python or Java, however coming from any other language is fine!
- An understanding of cloud security best practice
- A strong grasp of DevOps best practices
- Experience utilizing service offerings such as IAM, VPC, EC2, S3 and RDS within AWS would be desirable, but not required.
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - both technical and plain language
Specialization Areas (in your cover letter, feel free to indicate a preference for any below)
- Build, Deploy, and Site Reliability: CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Packer & Vault
- Cloud Engineering: Storage / Databases, Disaster Recovery and/or AWS Aurora experience
- Infrastructure Tooling: CI/CD, Static Analysis, Automation, IDE Plugin Development, enabling Developer Productivity and Efficiency
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
Want to experience Canva for yourself?
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram.
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter.
Learn how we work from Dave, our CTO
Get to know our Chef, Chris
Meet our CEO, Melanie
Finally, give Canva a go!
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by the Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.