Spot was created and is distributed by All Turtles, a company that develops practical AI products to solve pressing, meaningful problems with emerging technology.
Spot is an AI tool for reporting harassment and discrimination at work. It empowers employees to report anonymously and enables organizations to follow up directly on inappropriate behavior. We’re a small team of 11 full-time and freelance members who work across several time zones and are based in San Francisco, London, and Berlin.
We're looking for a software engineer to be the second developer at our growing company. You’ll work with the CTO to build new features, improve the experience for employees and HR, and scale the product for large organizations. Collaborating closely with product, design, and other stakeholders, you'll be involved in all parts of the software development process and take ownership of key areas.
Ideal candidates are comfortable jumping into different parts of the code base (the technologies we use include React, Node.js / Express, Mongodb, AWS, and Rasa NLU). You enjoy working on small but growing teams, take pride in the quality of the user experiences that you build, and want to be a core, early contributor at a mission-driven company that’s building a timely product.
This person will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with CTO—and the rest of the engineering team as it grows to build and maintain features
- Participating in code reviews and technical planning
- Contributing to cross-functional product roadmap discussions
- Working closely with the design team on UI tasks
- Helping to grow engineering at Spot
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in React and Node.js
- Comfort working in any part of the stack
- Strong motivation to work on a mission-driven product