Would you like to work with the cloud, using tech like Go, React JS, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform?
Would you like to join an agile, forward thinking team of motivated engineers who thrive on a challenge?
Would you like to make a difference to education?
Our team is growing fast and we have big aspirations; we're looking for a Software Engineer who wants to be an integral part of the team from day one and grow with us.
You’ll develop and innovate the Sparx learning platform, using real time feedback from our users and working with all members of the team – from product owners to content developers. You’ll help find solutions to the challenging problems we face when building a system of this scale and write code that you’ll be proud of.
Our work is ever evolving so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark and take on increasing responsibility as time goes on.
Sparx is about learning. We work with schools, in schools and for schools because we understand the challenges faced by educators, teachers and students on a day to day basis and we are passionate about finding a way to help.
Empowering educators and motivating young people to improve educational outcomes is our mission - aiming to improve life opportunities for over 5 million learners by 2030 #Ed5M.
For over 8 years we have been investigating how young people learn. We have gathered data, listened to teachers and students and overlaid these insights with our own observations, drawing on the expertise of our team. The result is not an off-the-shelf software product - it is an approach to learning. Our unique, blended learning methodology combines traditional teaching methods with sophisticated technology, our own high quality content and unparalleled levels of support.
Our diverse and vibrant team is growing fast! We’re not just developers, data scientists, product owners, content or education experts – we’re also cyclists, DJs, triathletes, published scholars, parents, pet owners, musicians, adventurers, and more. We bring our whole selves to work, and we’re united by our belief in the transformative power of learning and excitement about tackling the hard problems in technology.
Based in one of the best workspaces in the country, we set clear and challenging goals, collaborate, celebrate success and have the opportunity to learn from each other every day. We encourage everyone to stretch beyond their roles and deliver on our mission.
- A passion for keeping your skills fresh and understanding the latest technologies and methods in software engineering
- Familiarity with developing and testing modern web applications using React, TypeScript or related technologies
- Experience in delivering complex software which has been successfully released and used.
- An understanding of, or experience in, building, testing and supporting services throughout their whole lifecycle – from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Naturally collaborative with the ability to take feedback on board
- The ability to explain complex technical concepts simply to a range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of running systems at scale.
- Experience with Go and/or React JS.
- Experience in working in truly agile teams
Unfortunately, at this current time, we cannot accept applications that require sponsorship for an employment visa.