Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
As a member of the performance engineering team you will be part of an agile team of Software and Performance Engineers located in Zurich. In your new role you are analysing performance problems, implementing optimisations and developing core features for the Avaloq Banking Suite. You will design new features regarding system performance, optimise existing functionality and write technical documentation. Furthermore, you will analyse and fix problems on database and lower software layers (Oracle and OS).
- Development and maintenance of the UNIX/Linux scripting layer, which provides administration and configuration services, support for Oracle RAC and Exadata, cloning and anonymization utilities
- Development and maintenance of the Background Processes framework which enables the scheduling and execution of asynchronous operations and provides an API to control and monitor external systems connecting to the Avaloq Banking Suite, such as gateways to financial services providers and adapters for E-Banking services
- Development and maintenance of the Avaloq Messaging Interface (AMI) adapters, which enable inbound and outbound communication between the Avaloq Banking Suite and external systems
What you need
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer or Nature Science
- Experience with Java/C programming and UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- Sound knowledge of relational database technologies, further knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL as well as the Oracle Database is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of modern software engineering principples and design
- Strong analytical, abstract thinking and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work under pressure while performing customer support activities and urgent production issues
You will get extra points for the following
- Oracle Certified Professional
- German skills
- Experience in agile processes and events as well as in the financial industry
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.
Place of work