At Zendesk, we truly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people. We enjoy working with other learning focused people who care about both the customer and the code they write. We value collaboration and test driven development and release frequently. We like and use agile processes and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism. We all are responsible for our product and enjoy the impact we have improving it.
We're looking for a hardworking Software Engineer in Test to help take Zendesk products to the next level in terms of functionality and integrations. You'll be joining a team that works on our Explore product. Explore is a complex reporting application that needs to be robust, scalable and maintainable. You'll have the passion, patience and determination to deliver high quality software to meet our customers needs. Does this sound like you?
What you'll do:
* Work collaboratively with a small focused self-organising team to deliver positive outcomes for our many customers.
* People on our team participate in every stage of the development life-cycle from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production.
* Work with your team to use existing automated testing frameworks and tools to write automated tests. Continuously improve the frameworks to make them more reliable and efficient.
* Keep the regression test suite run by the CI deployment process up to date, running efficiency and reliability.
* When working on debugging a tricky intermittent issue you won't give up until the feature behaves as expected, source of issue has been identified and an automated test has been put in place to avoid the issue reoccurring.
What you bring to the role:
* Ideally 2+ years experience developing Browser and External API automated tests, in any programming language and running them on a continuous integration environment
* You recognise working within a team is more challenging but also more valuable and in the end, more rewarding.
* You are just as happy diagnosing latency, writing technical documents, refactoring code to be more readable, or developing product features.
* You want to whiteboard problems with your teammates and apply the scientific method to finding a pragmatic solution that is the best fit (on balance) for the identified problem space.
* Strong communication skills. You can explain your views well to others and just as important, listen actively to others ensuring a healthy, productive discussion.
Nice to have:
* Hands-on experience with Selenium, Capybara, Ruby and Rspec and also Scala
* Experience working on open source projects with an active GitHub repo