Want to be part of something really big? If you're creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you'll love it here. And we'd love to hear from you.
You'll receive on the job coaching and support, working closely with and learning from our other experienced Engineers. You'll also have access to loads of training and development, internal and external, with invites to conferences, meet-ups, events and more.
If you're talented, ambitious and you want to be a part of a learning, buzzing Engineering community - and you want to use your skills to deliver stuff that really matters into the hands of people that really need it - then you'll be right at home here.
You and your role
We write code to create applications and infrastructure, with automated and manual testing being used to make sure it works, is high quality and bug free. We use cutting-edge design, data and a full range of innovative technologies to try out new ideas, experiment, iterate and innovate at pace.
You should be driven to deliver, creative and able to manage your own work and responsibilities. We're delivering against a huge agenda of change and it can be challenging so, like us, you'll need to love what you do and love learning new tricks.
What are we looking for?
- Good with SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience implementing Software Engineering best practices.
- Experience of developing in cloud based environments. Ability to build and test interfaces between systems.
- Understand key principles of modern standards approaches.
- Experience in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales, being able to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement and user stories into technical solutions
- SQL and no-SQL Data Bases
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hub in Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield (your choice).
Each of our brilliant hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £52,925.
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We'll help you balance your life and work
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page.
You'll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you'll upload a CV.