Our team is growing fast and we have big aspirations; we're looking for a Software Engineer who wants to be an integral part of the team and grow with us.
You’ll develop and innovate the Sparx learning platform, using real time feedback from our users and working with all members of the team – from product owners to content developers. You’ll help find solutions to the challenging problems we face when building a system of this scale and write code that you’ll be proud of.
Our work is ever evolving so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark and take on increasing responsibility as time goes on.
- A passion for keeping your skills fresh and understanding the latest technologies and methods in software engineering
- Familiarity with developing and testing modern web applications using React, TypeScript or related technologies
- Experience in delivering complex software which has been successfully released and used.
- An understanding of, or experience in, building, testing and supporting services throughout their whole lifecycle – from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Naturally collaborative with the ability to take feedback on board
- The ability to explain complex technical concepts simply to a range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of running systems at scale.
- Experience with Go and/or React JS.
- Experience in working in truly agile teams
If your skill set doesn't quite match our requirements, but you're a talented engineer, who's keen to learn and work with us, then please don't hesitate to get in contact.
Location: Oxygen House, Exeter Business Park, Exeter Devon
Term: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) plus generous company benefits
- Online coding challenge
- Remote technical interview
- Assessment day
Unfortunately, at this current time, we cannot accept applications that require sponsorship for an employment visa.