Make an impact as a Front End Software Engineer
- Are you the kind of software engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
- Do you want to craft products you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus.
- Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
As a Front End Software Engineer you will have full accountability for rebuilding the UI of the RS Components websites across more than 20 markets.
Fuelling your passion:
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Experience building universal React apps with Node
- An understanding of the newest features of React and their benefits
- Experience working with component libraries and publishing npm modules
- Demonstrable experience in automating the delivery pipeline, eg. Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Experience with webpack, Babel, ES6, Jest
- Expertise in CSS, SASS and CSS frameworks
- Proficient in git and knowledge of pull request workflows
- Comfortable following code style guides, standards and linting
- An ability to critically appraise technology
- Appreciation of approaches to structuring code for maintainability
- Experience writing end to end browser tests
- Hands-on experience developing single page apps
- Experience creating PWAs
- Experience working with GraphQL and Apollo libraries
- Knowledge of best practices in web performance
- An appreciation for the infrastructure as code process
We use the following technologies and we’re completely open for people to bring their own experiences and change to make the engineering culture better
AWS, React, GraphQL, Docker, NodeJs, Lambda, Kinesis, Springboot, Nomad, NoSQL Databases such as DynamoDB. We are currently using Hashicorp stack on AWS and using Gitlab CI.