What your job will involve:
- As part of an agile and motivated team, you will be jointly responsible for the development of sophisticated software projects, also contributing significantly to the technical implementation.
- As a ‘software artisan’, you regard the sustainable design and outstanding quality of your software as key.
- Together, you will develop bespoke products for the insurance, financial services and mechanical engineering industries. The main focus of our solutions is to provide business value for customers and good user experience for end customers.
What you should offer:
- After completing your degree, you have maintained a strong interest in new topics and developments and have already gained initial experience in project work.
- Software development with a current Java stack is a particular hobby of yours (Java 8+, Spring Framework, Spring Boot). You have a good awareness of what quality means and the skills required to achieve it, such as testing on different levels in an agile environment and test automation.
- You have a keen interest in current technologies and ideally already have some experience, particularly in the areas of backend development, databases (relational and NoSQL), cloud computing (AWS, Azure), Restful APIs and BigData. DevOps is in your DNA and you are proficient in the development, use and operation of a system (e.g. using Docker, Chef, Kubernetes).
- You are also proficient in dealing with architecture concepts and design patterns. You don’t just leave ensuring quality to others. For you, readability and ease of maintenance are key.
- Your fluent German and very proficient English add the finishing touch to your profile.
What we offer:
Recognised as one of the best employers in Germany, Zühlke will support your success with its unique corporate culture. We consider it important to encourage you to further your career by offering ongoing, high-quality training. We take an interdisciplinary approach, regularly exchanging information and learning from each other in an environment that values open communication, honest self-appraisal and teamwork. We also offer an attractive benefits package, modern workplaces and a shared passion for giving our best every day!
What else you can expect:
- A family-friendly approach: on request, you may reduce your working hours to 80%, take unpaid leave or work from home. We offer care solutions in the event of family emergencies. We also provide a kindergarten allowance and 10 days unpaid leave if your child is ill.
- A modern communication culture: an open door policy – right up to senior management, a culture of informality from apprentices to the Managing Director, helpful and committed colleagues and regular updates about our capacity utilisation. We also use modern communication tools like Skype, Yammer and Teams.
- Personal responsibility & freedom: our management style is based on trust and allows for short decision-making processes, e.g. easy ordering of equipment and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas.
Read our project success stories and get inspired by the Zühlke spirit.