Want to join a Hot Start-Up and be one of our first 20 engineers? Are you a Cloud Expert with expertise deployable large scale software on the Cloud? We'd like to hear from you!
Please include a short note as to why you are a fit for the role.
Note this is a full-time employee role as a direct employee or contractor depending on location (You'll get stock options, vacation time etc). Location is Remote or NYC or Stockholm.
Please note this is Not a Dev Ops, SRE type role but a person building our cloud with some dev ops experience.
We need extraordinary Cloud Engineers to join our team. This is a great opportunity to help build Timescale's Cloud offering.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and TimescaleDB-as-a-Service offerings.
- Operate, manage, and maintain a scalable cloud offering across multiple clouds
- Collaborate closely with our database and product engineering teams.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Experience programming in Go, Python, or other scripting languages
- Proven ability with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, DCOS).
- Familiarity with configuration/infrastructure management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with streams, append only logs, and message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Operational experience with databases and PostgreSQL (in particular) highly desirable
- Experience in architecting and operating production cloud services
- Familiarity with various cluster/container management, monitoring, alerting tools
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features you ship
- Ability to work on a remote team