We are looking for multiple talented and passionate engineers who love to build products that have a tangible, positive impact. We are currently open to all levels of experience, from graduates to experienced senior developers. Privitar is a dynamic, Data Privacy start-up based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning.
We work with large organisations worldwide in healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security. We have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round and are growing strongly. Ideal candidates for this role learn and adapt quickly.
You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data anonymisation problems. You will also be involved in performance, integrations and UI.
Our Eng Culture
As engineers at Privitar, we are excited and engaged with the problems we are working on. We work together in small teams in a supportive way, developing our skills, learning from each other, and building on each other's ideas. We take a deep pride in the products we build and care about writing clear, well-tested code. We have a positive, constructive and proactive approach and enjoy working to design and architect solutions, choose technologies, and constantly improve how we work as a team. We are not afraid to question something that might seem obvious or to give it a go and learn how to do things better.
Less experienced candidates
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline. We can make exceptions to this for exceptional candidates.
- Experience of coding in Java. Or experience in a related language and evidence of commitment and ability to ramp up in Java.
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of maths, big data, security or privacy.
- Excellent communication skills
More experienced candidates
- The more Java experience the better.
- You are comfortable with being dropped into challenging technical problems and being given the responsibility to solve them.
- Experience building a software product, ideally over the full lifecycle from design to production and ongoing support and enhancement.
- Experience of and commitment to automated testing.
- Ability to deliver results with rapidly evolving propositions, client demands and business needs.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience of multithreading or concurrent programming
- Experience building complex distributed systems
- Exposure to Big Data technologies, for example: Hadoop, Spark, Apache Nifi, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Cassandra.
- Understanding of software security and threat models, and experience building secure applications
- Experience with Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
The Application Process
- A phone call with a member of our recruitment team to find out more about Privitar, and to get to know you
- One of the most interesting take home technical exercises you’ll see, designed by Privitar, unique to Privitar, relevant to Privitar
- A ½ day visit to our offices