1plusX’s mission is to place marketing messages where they have the most impact. We think pinpointed targeting is the key to online marketing success. That’s why we designed a platform to create data insights in order to make online business measurably more successful. 1plusX software ingests data and learns from it in order to make predictions on how customers and future customers behave online.
We are looking for outstanding people! Are you an ambitious and energetic team player? Do you love working in an international team? If you are ready for a new challenge then apply now and become part of our mission.
About the role
- You support us in developing our data management platform using state-of-the-art cloud technologies
- You develop a large-scale streaming system handling Terabytes of data
- You work with and learn from a talented team of engineers
- You lead periodic rapid refactorings that keep the application code fresh, flexible and reusable
- You help us to define team development and engineering best practices
- You provide input to the technology roadmap; innovate and bring new challenging ideas to life
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, 2+ years of experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experienced in at least one general-purpose programming language like Java or C#
- Motivated to pick up Scala, previous knowledge is a plus
- Experience with system scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Experience with web-scale systems handling TBs of data with 100k+ qps at low latencies
- Knowledge of databases and messaging systems (e.g. Couchbase, Kafka)
- Knowledge of modern architectural patterns e.g. REST, microservices, stream processing
- Knowledge of a batch processing framework e.g. Spark, Hadoop
- Hands-on experience with AWS is a plus
- Familiar with internet technologies, communication protocols and techniques
- Knowledge of current software design practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, interface design, portability, extensibility, and testability
- Strong software design skills
- You write clear, maintainable, well-documented, portable code
- Good project planning and estimating skills; able to keep the project moving through daily obstacles, and asks for additional assistance when appropriate
- Ability to communicate well in English and to thrive in a peer-driven engineering culture
- Good communication skills
- You recognize problems and help adapt to changing conditions
- You are self-motivated; you work with minimal supervision
- You are enthusiastic about company products
What’s in it for you?
- At 1plusX, we highly value teamwork and we are honest, open, warm and direct with each other
- We actively foster diversity and inclusion. Being a part of our growing team means that you will be supported and challenged because we all contribute together to our success
- We promise that working with us is fun!