This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on a portfolio of award-winning, global, consumer-facing websites and products. The Software Engineer will be a key member of a vibrant agile development team looking to turn great ideas into engaging digital products while maintaining and improving existing codebases.
The Digital Product team in GNL is responsible for several of the BBC’s international products including but not limited to:
- Develop effective software that meets given specifications
- Review and give feedback on others’ code
- Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensure code quality
- Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools
- Support system integration in its operating environment
- Write and review technical documentation
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the product life cycle, including out of hours support for incident resolution
- Participate in the team's agile planning and delivery process
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a broad knowledge of JS, HTML, CSS and PHP. The candidate must also be comfortable supporting older technologies and browsers, such as IE8.
The ideal candidate will have a real enthusiasm for writing clean, concise, testable code, along with knowledge of all things responsive.
Continuing (Permanent) contract
Based in London
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.