We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about culture and what it takes to be a part of the engineering team behind Europe’s fastest growing SaaS startup from our VP of Engineering.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel. Discover our stack here.
As a Software Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Python/Django and React of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Relevant experience in similar roles building technically complex products in any web programming language.
- Experience at server-side, client-side or full stack development. Your final role within the team will depend on your skills.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite.
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The software engineer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. At present we are only considering candidates with a European citizenship or a valid working permit to work in Spain.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.