Payconiq is a mobile payment company which is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with a rich roadmap to expand across Europe.
We are on the lookout for a Software Engineer - Java who loves delivering quality software, thrives in an agile development team, and has a strong desire to bring real value to customers. We expect you to have at least 6 years of experience and (ideally) experience with design and architecture.
We’re a 95 person fintech scaleup with 45 nationalities who works together on a daily basis to transform the world of payments. In fact, it is our mission to become the most wanted mobile payment connection in all of Europe.
We stand for making bold decisions to enhance user experience, being human as that is the real core of our business, doing things simply as life is already complicated enough, keeping it playful, and always staying honest.
You may wonder what it’s like to work at Payconiq. Let us tell you:
- Ever-evolving; we’re always raising the bar higher than it was yesterday
- Approachable, kind, smart people all over the office
- Open to new ideas and cutting-edge tech, and of course, Hackathons
- We love training and you get to choose how you will spend your 5% training budget; which is in addition to your salary
- Agile methodologies
- Cross-functional teams; product owners, scrum masters, and QA's on every team
- Spotify model; squads, chapters, guilds, and leads galore
We expect a Software Engineer at Payconiq to have a solid understanding of the following:
- Java, Spring Frameworks and NoSQL.
- Microservices, REST APIs and event sourcing, and a fairly decent understanding of CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- You write modular, scalable and reusable code, and you are sure your code is of high quality because you love TDD & BDD.
From what you have read so far, we hope you think Payconiq sounds like a nice place to work. So, if you believe yourself to be a positive-minded person who works well in a team, please apply and let’s get the conversation started.
What the process will look like from here:
- Video call with Rebecca from the People Team
- Technical assignment
- Technical interview with 1-2 of our developers
- 2nd Technical interview with your Chapter Lead
- Final interview with the Head of IT
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Macbook pro + tools to do your job well
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, table tennis, foosball and pick-up football games
- Friday drinks and snacks
- Summer boat party, end of the year holiday party, hackathons, and more
- You can view our culture video and our summer boat event to get to know our culture
Looking forward to hearing from you!