We’re looking for a software engineer to help us build a real-time behavior monitoring platform, connecting native C++ libraries running in our users’ applications with a web-based data collection platform. The successful candidate will have ownership over this platform, starting with the initial beta and continuing through product maturity.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience
- 3+ years experience with C++
- Familiarity with C
- Proficient in Socket/Network Programming
- Strong ability to diagnose server and network issues
- Understanding of network protocols and network data security
- Understanding of high-frequency messaging framework concepts
- Experience with designing, building, and consuming APIs
- Experience with *nix
- Experience with Git or other SCM
- Ability to translate a higher-level vision into a product
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Ability to effectively convey a product vision and ideas to improve our conventions, processes, software, products and customer experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience building real-time, high-frequency data capture systems
- Experience with public cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon AWS)
- Proficient in either Python or Java
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of large, complex, high volume logging pipelines using modern scalable architectures and technologies such as Kafka, Ajna, Spark, Splunk/ELK.
- Both research and implementation of machine learning solutions.
- Skills in the theoretical and technical application of statistics, forecasting and data mining to help develop models to solve complex real-world problems using some of the following quantitative methods: CART, MARS, VAR, multivariate regression, factor analysis, econometric time series analysis, simultaneous equation models, decision trees, hypothesis testing, neural nets, outlier identification, ARIMA, Monte Carlo simulations, etc.