WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will partner with Product Management and Product Design team members to deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our clients.
You will develop a strong understanding of the user story and how to best deliver the appropriate functionality, and your work will expand into Cloud technologies, automated testing and microservices domains. You will be an active learner, identifying new open source libraries, using unfamiliar technologies and learning new programming languages to meet technical requirements and modern software development best practices.
You will produce high quality code for the full technological stack, from database to UI and everything in between. Additionally, you will assist with troubleshooting basic issues and improving application performance by responding to specific problems and fixing defects. You'll document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Furthermore, you'll actively participate in SCRUM and Agile software process.
You'll leverage your technical skills by applying them towards the validation of product quality and writing test code, including unit tests and automated test cases. You will keep up with industry trends and innovations and apply knowledge to the existing codebase.
You will be expected to identify and escalate technical barriers, dependencies or risks in the planning and development process, and maintain a distinct value and quality mindset. You will manage your day to day priorities, time and commitments within your team setting while ensuring that technical standards and best practices are exercised.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
With McKinsey’s Solution Technology team, you'll join our Chicago office to build and shape tech solutions for our McKinsey clients to help solve the world's toughest functional and industry challenges. McKinsey fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. Our Solutions Technology team is helping to shift our model toward asset based consulting and is foundational to our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area
- Experience working with a in development team using Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of fundamental CS concepts
- Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Proficiency in automated unit tests Experience with developer tools and with at least one language: NodeJS, React, Go, .Net, or Java
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)