Location: Flexible (Boston preferred)
Position is available: Immediately
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will play a key role in implementing our technology vision for the organization. The ideal candidate will be passionate about cutting-edge development and best practices and able to work across the stack. We are looking for a flexible and adaptable engineer with enthusiasm for learning and growing their skills.
ANet is flexible to remote working with appropriate experience and a history of successfully collaborating on complex projects withother developers remotely. Occasional travel to ANet’s National Office in Boston will be necessary, so proximity to the New England area and eastern time zone is preferable.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implement ANet’s next generation of technology products that support data-driven educational practices and help to close the achievement gap in the underserved communities we partner with.
- Create, monitor and deliver against the product road map and corresponding release cycles (as negotiated with the Product Management Team).
- Help manage, improve, and automate our deployment frameworks.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and propose adoption as appropriate.
- Actively embrace and model best practices such as code reviews, unit testing, and planning/scoping/vetting larger features.
- Commensurate with experience, provide strategic leadership in setting goals and measuring progress in RESTful server-side APIs and/or agile, componentized client-side code.
- Commensurate with experience, proactively look for ways to build our team through individual contributions which help us improve code quality, team culture, and team velocity.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have direct experience in many of the following:
- Scrum or other Agile development processes
- Cloud-based infrastructure on AWS, including continuous integration and deployment
- RESTful Web Services
- Cloud-based data services, preferably with both SQL and NoSQL
- Java, Angular, and/or Go programming language
- You are a team player who motivates and educates colleagues; you enjoy working in a highly collaborative and agile culture.
- You are skilled in working closely with business partners to build technology solutions that meet the usability and functional needs of both internal and external users.
- You operate comfortably among a highly independent staff with diverse backgrounds.
- You bring an innovative approach to analyze, evaluate and solve problems.
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related degree
- For candidates interested in working remotely, you bring demonstrated experience and previous success working remotely
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.