The Engine Team is part of the Protection Unit and works on the core technique for malware
detection. Our work focuses on developing technologies to scan popular file formats used by millions of customers daily.
With your technical expertise you understand complex technical specifications and are able to design, develop, maintain and enhance software components.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that is fascinated about creating a high-quality product which protects people around the globe.
The team's responsibility is to ensure the entire product life cycle of the scan engine. Following an agile approach and taking into account our guidelines for secure software development, we regularly provide a new product version to our customers. Our team consists of colleagues in Tettnang and Bucharest.
What you will do
- As a member of the Engine Team, you will be involved primarily in enhancing the scan engine's software components and developing techniques for analyzing file formats to detect malware.
- You will be responsible for your software components and will ensure that these are tested exhaustively using a range of test methods.
- You have a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or similar qualification in computer science.
- You have extensive knowledge about developing platform-independent code in C and are familiar with script languages such as Python.
This you can expect from us:
- During the first few weeks, you will work closely with your team members who will train you and ensure you understand every aspect of our workflows.
- Following your training, you will be assigned to your first software project. After you have determined the necessary integration steps, you will implement your solution successfully and provide the thoroughly tested software component to our customers.
- With your ability to quickly understand technical material, you will deal with a variety of challenges in detecting malware and develop target-oriented solutions.
- Your passion for information technology and your knowledge will help you to identify and solve problems during the project development together with your team colleagues.
Benefits and perks:
- Stylish building with roof terraces
- Canteen and ChocaVira
- Modern office concept
Learning & Development
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Trainings & Conferences
- Specialist Career
Health & Wellbeing
- Gym and fitness courses
- “JobRad” bike leasing
- Medical checkups
Family & Living
- Relocation Package
- Vacation child care
- Avira Prime licences
- Onboarding events
- Monthly Employee Meetings
- Summer & Christmas parties