Your Career at Bruker –
Develop Your Potential
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents. Since May 2017 Luxendo is part of the Fluorescence Microscopy Business Unit within Brukers Nano Surfaces Division.
At Luxendo we develop and build high-end fluorescence microscopes for advanced research in biology and medicine. We are a small, dynamic team, and our development, production, marketing, and sales are all beneath the same roof, right in the center of the nice city of Heidelberg, Germany. We're looking for YOU to come join our software development team.
In Heidelberg, we are looking for a
Software Developer (m/f/d)
- You get to work in a friendly, motivated, international team of skilled developers, based in Heidelberg.
- Together we solve challenging problems to build and improve cutting-edge technology for the control of our microscopes, and for advanced processing and visualization of the large amounts (terabytes) of 3d image data.
- As part of our ambitious team effort, your focus would be on the development of
- the frontend (GUI) for user control of our microscopes,
- the user-interaction (GUI) part of image processing/computation and visualization.
- The user-control frontends you develop are based on modern web-based technologies such as Angular, Electron, etc., and together we build the infrastructure to connect these frontends with microscopes, compute servers, data storage, etc., leveraging state-of-the-art IoT technologies, and modern programming languages.
- You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies, around both software and hardware, and flexibly devote time to looking into new cutting-edge solutions.
- You will take part in our team effort to build a high-end, enabling user experience for researchers using our technology at the best research institutions around the globe, leading to important scientific discoveries in biology and medicine.
- To solve these challenging problems, we often have team discussions where we think and invent together fresh, unconventional ideas and solutions, in an open-minded, welcoming atmosphere.
Ideally, you bring the following skills:
- Degree in a technical discipline.
- Strong interest / experience in web or GUI development, with focus on a great user experience.
- Things to learn / know:
- Nice to have is basic knowledge of: Angular, HTML5, CSS, Python, MQTT, Websockets, Git, node.js, WebGL
- Working language is English (knowledge of German is not required)
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development.