Job Description:BMW Car IT GmbH lives and breathes software. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BMW AG we are an essential cornerstone to ensure the company’s transformation in the next 100 years with software playing a decisive role.
We are offering you an exciting position in the pioneering field of software development as a Software developer (f/m) for the next generation BMW Automotive Infotainment systems.
One of our many areas of activity is the development of Linux-based infotainment head unit systems: a hyper-connected multimedia information and entertainment hub in the car.
As a member of an ambitious and international Scrum team, your main task is to design components and APIs as well as to analyze and to solve technical problems. Your day-to-day activities include writing codes and automated tests. Working within a modern development environment and developing a modern C++ code base using today’s best software practices like Git, code review, automated testing and CI will be part of your daily routine and complement your innovative position.
Qualificatios and experience:
- University degree in information technology or a comparable course of study.
- Experience in C++ programming.
- Practical experience in C++11, STL and Boost.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented software development.
- Familiarity with agile processes and development / Software quality practices such as code reviews.
- Expertise on methods and tools for CI and test automatization.
- Experience with Linux development.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Fluent business English, German would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of Navigation, Augmented Reality or Entertainment is a plus.