Job Description:At BMW Car IT, we live software. As a 100%-owned subsidiary of the BMW Group we´re at the cutting edge of shaping tomorrow´s mobility through our work in areas like autonomous driving. But it takes passion, know-how and great teamwork to develop groundbreaking software that can simulate virtual driving over millions of kilometres. And that´s where you come in. To ensure we can continue our pioneering work in this future-defining field, our team is currently look for a:
Software Developer for virtual validation of autonomous driving (f/m).
It takes more than a great back-end to drive autonomous driving. Your role will be to develop uncompromising software solutions for the automated testing of our autonomous driving platform. Terms like Hypervisor, Completely Fair Scheduler, VT-x and Memory Mapped I/O will be part of your daily vocabulary. Working both independently and as part of our dynamic core team, you will handle everything from the design and implementation of frameworks to test automation in C++ utilising our state-of-the-art software development processes. You will even have the opportunity to conceive and develop new testing methods for autonomous driving that are complete Virtual ECU simulations.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in computer science (or comparable qualification).
- Experience in the field of software testing.
- Expertise in at least one object-focused language, ideally C++.
- Experience of Kernel and system programming in Linux.
- A good knowledge of virtualising, processor architecture and concurrency.
- A good understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Excellent software analysis and fault-finding skills.