An exciting opportunity has become available within the BMW Group for a Software Developer (f/m) in the field of Connected Navigation on-/off-board. Our location based services power advanced technology projects such as automated driving and serve as blueprint for future BMW and MINI innovations. As part of your employment as Software Developer (f/m) for Connected Navigation on-/off-board you are responsible for the development of navigation and look-ahead functions, realized by both embedded in-vehicle technology stacks as well as cloud computing and big data frameworks. The software components you will be developing will range all the way from low-level middleware tightly connected to the Linux operating system, big data processing on cloud infrastructure and all the way up to the graphical user interface (GUI) of both web and in-vehicle applications. The development and specification of requirements and interfaces for all relevant software components as well as the following implementation in a distributed development team complement your innovative area of responsibility.
- A University degree in computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or a related field of study.
- Experience in implementing SCRUM or LeSS projects and in the architecture and development of modern IT systems.
- Experience with one or more Agile Software Development methodology.
- Good understanding of Linux.
- Strong development experience in Java and C++ (preferably C++11 or higher). Experience with Scala is a plus.
- Experience in at least one scripting language, preferably Python is a plus.
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark).
- Experienced use of git/gerrit.
- Solid OOP and design skills.
- Fluent English.
- Teamwork and communication skills.