Job level and salary will be dependent on experience.
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Software Engineer - Test Automation with C++/C# focus to join our organisation. Working in the Instrument Control team on software test automation, this area of our business is highly collaborative, operating in an interdisciplinary environment which integrates mechanical, electrical, optical and systems engineering.
We are looking for an established C++/C# Software Engineer who either has existing experience in test automation or would welcome the challenge of developing their skills in this area.
The software team is constantly exploring better ways to develop software using techniques such as pairing and mob programming. There is a culture of continuous improvement within the department meaning new practices and technologies are continually adopted and utilised.
- Developing and improving the test automation framework to support the departments CI/CD.
- Developing new test suites to expand the department’s automation capabilities.
- Supporting product development teams in utilising framework improvements in development of new automated tests.
- Supporting and maintaining existing test suites and test environments.
- Improving metrics used to measure test automation performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Improving the build and automation pipeline to increase performance and scalability.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Proven development experience in C++ and/or C#.
- Either have existing experience in test automation or would welcome the challenge of developing skills in this specialisation.
- Passionate about software development which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
Any of the following skills would be desirable but not essential as training would be provided for the right candidate:
- Gherkin, Specflow
- Web Development Technologies (Java Script, HTML, CSS, SASS)
- Atlassian toolset (Bamboo, BitBucket, confluence, Jira)
- Windows/Linux Administration
- Cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
If you are interested, please kindly apply via: https://internationalcareers-waters.icims.com/jobs/7997/software-engineer--test-automation/job
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in more than 100 countries around the world.
A fantastic opportunity to come and work at our site in Wilmslow! The largest site globally committed to the support and development of Mass Spectrometry systems. Designed to create and support connectivity and efficiency, it enables us embrace more collaborative ways of working and focus more on customer needs, quality and continual improvement in the way we innovate and design our products and systems. This modern site not only brings advantages that benefit our employees, but also provides a high-tech centre for customers.
We develop solutions that have a meaningful impact on the world:-
- leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments for cancer and other diseases.
- helps ensure the quality & safety of food, water and other drinks.
- helps drive innovation in new materials and for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics.