Job Description:Are you interested and experienced in any opensource/upstream project development?
Have you ever designed and maintained any automated test cases for Linux based systems?
Would you like to work closely with upstream communities and ensure high quality standards of our products?
Then there is a high chance that you are the perfect fit for Software engineering role in our Maintenance QA team.
If you think of us as the traditional QA team, which only breaks stuff and creates bugs reports, you are wrong, sorry.
We are a group of Linux deditaced engineers working on variaty of tasks from manual and automated testing using different frameworks until "in-house" tool development and right now we are extending our portfolio to software maintenance and development.
• design, development and maintenance of automated test cases for SUSE products (LTP  and probably more in the future)
• integration of automated tests cases with automation frameworks (openQA , Jenkins and others)
• cooperation on test planning and execution in a truly global distributed project team
• support of your colleagues in achieving their goals by coaching or workshops
Required Skills and Experience
• at least 4 years of experience with software development as software developer, software developer in testing or QA Automation engineer
• expertise in one of the scripting language perl, shell or python
• familiarity with Linux administration
• good understanding of automation infrastructure and CI principles
• good communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English
Ability to program in C is a plus
What we offer
• positive and creative work environment within an international team
• a growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community
• direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
• you will have a chance to show off
• we are not setting borders - once you know how to do things better, please do so
• we are environment of technology enthusiasts
And little bit more
Pursuing quality of all SUSE products is one of our core beliefs. As a Software Engineer for Maintenance QA you are here to push
products to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the high quality standards. Using various
kinds of programming and scripting languages in partnership with developers and project managers, you write test cases and plan,
design, develop, and maintain automation tools to isolate and debug problems.
The Maintenance Quality Assurance team is distributed across the major engineering locations in Germany, the Czech Republic and China.
We work in collaboration across teams and the SUSE organization. Together we demand high quality SUSE Linux products.
And what "green" people think about SUSE
"Working for SUSE so far has been the best choice I ever made in my job career. The working environment is great and I am happy to be surrounded by people that support each other and work in team spirit to bypass any potential challenges."
"SUSE has a unique opensource oriented culture. Employees are encouraged to participate in community efforts."
"SUSE offices are a friendly open environment with smart people inside. The company provides a challenging job which combines enterprise requirements with opensource."