We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
The Security Operations Center is organized as a team of analysts and engineers with end-to-end responsibility for our services. We use DevOps principles to deliver effectively and with high quality.
As a SOC engineer you will have three major areas of focus; our analytics platform, our internal toolbox, and our data pipeline.
The analytics platform is running in Azure and uses Databricks Spark. Your job will be to ensure continuous monitoring, capacity management, and automation of Azure and Databricks services.
Our internal toolbox is made up of systems and infrastructure the SOC need to perform our job. This includes dedicated client and server infrastructure, and more specialized systems. Your job will be to maintain this toolbox and drive innovation.
The data pipeline enables logs to flow from the tens of thousands of endpoints and systems in our environment into our analytics platform. Your job will be to maintain, monitor, automate, and improve this vital part of our operations.
We believe that DevOps principles are key to successful engineering going forward. Configuration management, version control, testing, automation, and fast feedback loops are some of the areas we put considerable effort into.
• Maintain and develop the SOC infrastructure and data pipeline
• Maintain and develop the SOC analytics platform
• Integrate new log sources with our data pipeline
• Establish self service solutions
We are looking for both junior and experienced candidates that have a first experience in / a strong interest for / or the will to learn:
• Data pipelines and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) principles
• Configuration management
• Instrumenting and monitoring infrastructure and applications
• Client and server management
• Scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Python)
• Experience from security work or IT operations in large organizations is a plus.
• Experience with cloud systems is a plus.
• Ability to understand and manage a modern complex IT infrastructure, applications and services
• Clear and concise communication both verbally and in writing
• Team player
• Analytical skills and possess the ability to think critically
• Curious and knowledge-seeking
• Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Not just a job; a career.
We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance.
Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture.
Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together.