Our customers use simulation software to run vehicle tests in a virtual environment on a computer. This virtual test driving largely replaces the need for costly real-world driving. This is particularly important in light of emerging autonomous driving technologies which require billions of miles of test driving.
Atlatec is building 3D road scanning technologies, used to build digital twins of roads which our automotive customers use as content in simulations.
We are now looking for an engineer that will develop into an expert of those simulators that our customers use. These are predominantly CarMaker, Virtual Test Drive and Prescan. Prior experience with either one of these is a plus but we will also provide plenty of training.
What you will do
- checking the quality of the virtual road copies created at atlatec in the simulation environment
- simulating sets of virtual scenarios on the created road models
- configuring simulation setups for our customers to jump-start the usage of our simulation content
- supporting and advising our customers when it comes to simulation
- acting as a technical contact person for questions on virtual test driving
What you’ll bring to the team
- bachelor degree in a technical field such as automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science or similar qualifications
- preferably initial experience in the areas of driver assistance development and/or virtual testing
- programming skills in C++ is a plus
- experience with either one of the following simulators is a plus
- IPG CarMaker, Vires VTD, Tass/Siemens PreScan, dSPACE ASM, CarSim
- an eye for details and quality
- a passion for solving problems and taking an initiative
- willingness to travel to meetings with clients on a national and international level
What we offer
- work on current topics such as autonomous driving and connected vehicles in combination with virtual test driving
- start-up vibe
- mentorship from senior engineers
- plenty of learning opportunity
- friendly and diverse team
- free snacks
- open feedback culture
- table football
- further development of skills as a simulation specialist for driver assistance and autonomous driving
- please fill out the application online and upload your CV including university grades and school diploma. Please include reference letters ("Arbeitszeugnisse") if you have any.
- we will kindly ask you to complete a small assignment
- we will invite you for a job interview
- you'll get the offer and contract :-)