The Managed Services Engineer is part of Episerver’s Global Technical Support Services (TSS) providing high service availability and responsive service desk support to Episerver’s hosted and cloud customers. This may include fulfilling service requests, resolving incidents, or provisioning and customer onboarding activities. The position requires the right blend of technical depth, breadth, experience and process awareness to handle the day-to-day responsibilities of these offerings.
As a Managed Services Engineer you will:
- Respond to assigned service request tickets and work through to successful resolution while meeting or exceeding all service level and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Follow standard departmental operating procedures; including accurately logging and updating all service tickets using the defined tracking software and utilizing handover and escalation processes.
- Lead and facilitate conference calls and online sessions with customers and partners where required to more efficiently resolve and complete service tickets.
- Effectively prioritize and manage individual service request ticket queues.
- Individually contribute to the team’s meeting or exceeding service KPIs.
- Participate in regularly scheduled handover and triage meetings.
- Complete assigned training and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Embrace and promote continuous improvement efforts while providing feedback and input.
- Flexibility to work any shift including weekends and to be on call outside of standard business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Telecommunication, or equivalent working experience.
Minimum 3+ years operational experience in one or more of the following skills or environments:
- Fast paced, high transaction NOC, Data Center or Managed Hosting environment
- Microsoft Azure Services
- Supporting web based applications
- Systems Administration experience with Windows Server, SQL Server and/or IIS
- Virtualization Software and Services
- Application and Data Security
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- CDN services
- ITIL foundation training and certification preferred
- Must possess a sense of urgency and passion for customer service
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Superb troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to address problems quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while focused on delivering results set forth by management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail