Over Service Assurance Engineers are responsible for providing Service Assurance for business-critical applications and utilities; and will report to Service Delivery Director or Sr. Service Assurance Engineer.
- Service Assurance - Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure: Collaborate and partner with development teams and interfacing business teams.
- Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events.
- Drive Problem resolution and create user stories.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively participate on a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as a member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Provide monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer.
- Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc.
- Monitor and measure accuracy of inbound data feeds, data conditioning processes and work with engineering leaders to identify and drive resolution of quality gaps.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- General of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, data structures, relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Exposure and experience with Java, JEE, Spring, SpringBoot
- Experience with identifying Application / Infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Lead and Implement plans for disaster recovery, high availability, issue mitigation, contingency, and security as needed.
- Develop custom automation in order to streamline support processes