Every day, our systems analyse, process, and execute trading on trillions of. As a result, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets. As engineers, we’re building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development lifecycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community – from Inner Source to Open Source, you’re someone who likes to collaborate
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience programming in C++
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets