At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks.
We offer you the chance to take up an exciting role in automotive software development. As part of an agile development team you will be developing the Linux-based software platform for our next generation head unit.
What awaits you?
- You will design, implement, test and debug a Linux based software platform for several automotive infotainment units.
- You will setup, configure and maintain a set of containers on top of Linux.
- You will write, review, optimize and maintain systemd configurations.
- You will analyse and optimize the boot up of a Linux based software platform.
- Development, integration and testing of C++ components will be part of your daily work.
Qualifications and Experience.
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study at university/FH level.
- Deep architectural understanding of embedded systems based on Linux.
- Knowledge about Linux kernel internals, kernel configuration and kernel debugging seen as an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of different Linux tools for software analysis, debugging, tracing.
- Proven development experience in C++ using agile development methods.
- Good business English mandatory, German language skills are a plus.
You are self-driven and able to work independently as member of an international Scrum team? Apply now!
+49 89 382-17001