Job Description:This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for 2 developers onsite in Berlin or remote to help us accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users:
- iOS Developer with a feature development focus: you will ship features that affect millions of users and revenue
- iOS Developer with an infrastructure focus: you will improve the quality of our code and maintain the core of the iOS app
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for driving the Blinkist iOS App from day one
- Work in a full stack team with iOS and Android developers, product managers, and designers
- Help develop product concepts for a clean and consistent user experience
- Assure a high quality and robust code base, working with code reviews and unit tests
To do this, we believe you should have:
- 2+ years iOS development experience in a professional environment
- Experience with shipping consumer-facing apps
- A deep understanding of Swift or Objective-C
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
- The drive to learn fast and share your knowledge, to help increase the team's productivity with each sprint
- Worked in cross-functional teams with Kanban or Scrum as a big plus
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of iOS Developer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!