Brightflag is used by large corporations to transform legal service delivery. At its core is artificial intelligence that extracts insights from invoice narratives—the pages-long descriptions of how much is being charged for a piece of legal work, and why. These insights are used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the matter lifecycle, from resource selection to price negotiation to quality of service evaluation. They also drive automation of time-intensive processes like invoice review. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; and Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
In 2018, we tripled in size and recently raised $8.5M in venture funding to execute an aggressive growth strategy. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer focused, take ownership and make every day count, the opportunity for direct impact at Brightflag is huge - we live our values and are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
Due to exciting expansion of our teams, platform and customer base, we’re hiring a number of experienced engineers to come join our talented product and engineering team.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Brightflag you will play an integral part in the success of our engineering team and impact the direction of our product. We have a number of high-profile customers in Ireland, the UK, Australia, and the US, and we are growing quickly. Our engineers are ambitious and deeply enjoy responsibility, creativity and solving interesting problems to help us build something exceptional. You will take features from design to deployment, we deploy multiple times a week - meaning you will see your work in action very quickly.
What will I be doing?
- Directly impact the successful and growth of the Brightflag platform
- Full ownership of features from design to deployment
- Build and design features from database, back-end to front-end
- Craft innovative and efficient solutions to technical problems
- Drive the future of Brightflag products with imaginative ideas
- Mentor and coach as our teams grow
What Skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role
- Experience building a SaaS products
- Experience leading, mentoring or coaching engineers
- Deep knowledge of Java development
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience using and maintaining SQL databases
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers
- Proven track record of delivering value to enterprise and mid-market customers
- Strong problem-solving abilities
Bonus skills & attributes
- Linux (admin experience)
- Background in IT security
- High-growth startup experience
We’re growing fast and so are our benefits.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Central office location in Dublin City
- If you use public transport, we can have the Tax-Saver Scheme
- If you cycle, you can avail of our Cycle-to-Work Scheme (with secure bike storage and shower facilities in our office)
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Work Scheme benefit
- We offer 23 days holidays
- We also offer relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
At Brightflag, we are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.