To revolutionize the future of mobility, one has to go ahead and set standards today. Intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort are already in use in our vehicles. We need visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams, in centres of excellence networked around the world, to redefine the limits of what is possible.
We, the R&D organisation for Digital Products and Services - Digitalization Customer Interface, lives and breathes software. As part of the BMW AG we are a cornerstone in the company's transition into the next 100 years where software plays a crucial role. One of our many areas of activity is the development of the Customer Web Portal and Commerce Solutions that integrate with functions in the car and in the app. You will be part of an experienced international team of brilliant coders and programmers, working with agile software development processes and standard design methods. You will gain significant experience throughout the complete stack: all the way from the BMW Customer Web Portal down to the BMW Open Mobility Cloud platform - based on a state-of-the-art cloud services architecture - which provides premium personalized, contextual and seamless commerce experiences across all touchpoints. Best of all, you will be able to use the results of your work in actual BMWs or MINIs!
Our international unit has locations in Chicago (USA), Munich (Germany) and Shanghai (China), operating with a customer driven and agile software R&D set-up.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in object oriented development and 3 years of experience working with Java, Node.js or Python.
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with the AWS platform.
- Professional experience with internet technologies such as web services, browsers for mobile devices, HTML5, XML, JSON.
- Experience in creating test driven environments and test automatization.
- Strong preference for evolutionary architecture and knowing the difference between incremental and iterative design.
- Business-fluent English. German would be an advantage.